Your identity is exactly that, yours, and we're committed to doing everything we can to help it stay that way. Here are just a few of the ways we take an active role in combating fraud and identity theft.
Account Protection Services
- We require proper identification at account opening, including one government-issued ID with a photo. We verify name, address, date of birth, Social Security number, and other vital identification information.
- For new banking relationships, we check credit information to verify warnings have not been placed on credit bureau reports that might indicate fraud or identity take-over.
- If your Check (Debit) Card is ever lost or stolen and used without your permission, you're covered.
- If you suspect an unauthorized user has accessed your accounts online, you are 100% covered by our Online Services Guarantee for any funds removed from those personal deposit accounts, including loss of interest, insufficient funds and overdraft charges, when you contact us within sixty days of receiving your statement that contains the unauthorized electronic activity.
Fraud Monitoring Technology
- First Piedmont uses multiple fraud prevention software programs, sophisticated analysis tools, and backroom processes to pinpoint suspicious activity.
- If we see questionable transactions, we will reach out to you immediately to verify activity and prevent criminals from “taking over” legitimate accounts.
- We continuously review, test and enhance our policies, technical standards, and systems to remain vigilant in a dynamic environment.
- Our systems use technology, such as firewalls and encryption, to protect confidential customer information.
Resolution and Recovery
- At the first sign of fraud or identity theft, we will assign you to a Loss Management Specialist, who will work one-on-one with you until the problem is resolved.
- First Piedmont will close and reissue all compromised accounts as soon as you report a suspected fraud or identity theft.
- A complete recovery toolkit provides you step-by-step information about how to recover your assets and your good name.